How to apply for the New Ntsa Digital Number Plates. Ntsa introduced the new Digital number plates sometimes last year. The new digital number plates are enhanced with security features that will help to curb fraud cases such as motor vehicle theft, log book scams and terrorism. These features include a QR code, NTSA serial number (linked with the vehicle chassis number), a hologram, a microchip, and the Kenyan flag.
How to apply for the New Ntsa Digital Number Plates 2023 -Fees
Motor vehicles: Ksh 3,000
Motorcycles: Ksh 1,500
How to apply for the New Ntsa Digital Number Plates 2023
The Procedure for applying the new number plate is simple and you can just apply through the NTSA portal is simple and straight forward.Here is the guide to it which you can follow and apply the New number plate for your Car or Motor Vehicle.
- Log in to https://timsvirl.ntsa.go.ke
- Click on Vehicle Registration
- Select Reflective No. Plate
- Click Apply for Reflective No. Plate
- You will be redirected to your list of vehicles, choose the one you want to apply a number plate for
- Verify the vehicle details and click next
- Select the reason for applying for the Reflective plate i.e. new generation plate.
- Choose the notification method; email or SMS
- Choose the type of Front and back number plate i.e. Oblong or Square
- Choose the plate counter collection office
- On the Lost/Defaced Number Plate & Tape Lifting Report sections attach a scanned copy of the original logbook and an image of the number plates in pdf on both slots. A tape lifting report is not required when applying for the new digital generation number plates.
- Confirm the vehicle particulars and pay. If paying via Mpesa, you will be charged Ksh 3,050.
- NTSA will alert you via SMS or Email when the number plate is ready for collection. It takes up to two weeks to get the new number plates.
Well folks this is How to apply for the New Ntsa Digital Number Plates 2023 in a Nut shell .Hope you enjoyed the Content.
You can also watch Part 1 of the Video on How to apply for the New Ntsa Digital Number Plates 2023