How To Apply For A Good Conduct On E-Citizen.Have you been wondering if you can get good conduct on e-Citizen? The advantage of technology is that it helps save time. The long queues in government offices are now becoming a thing of the past. You can now apply for good conduct on e-Citizen at the comfort and convenience of your computer, smartphone, or even at a cybercafé. Today you can easily apply for good conduct on e-Citizen and this article will provide a simple guideline on how to!
How To Apply For A Good Conduct On E-Citizen
What is e-Citizen?
E-citizen is a platform that allows Kenyans to access government services like a renewal of a driver’s license, business registration, application of passports, and even good conduct. To join this platform you can open your browser, key in http://www.ecitizen.go.ke and follow the registration process.
What is good conduct on e-Citizen and its importance?
The certificate of good conduct on e-Citizen is also known as the police clearance certificate. It is required in instances like applying for a community-based organization, or a government post among others. In recent times also employers are listing a certificate of good conduct as a requirement. If you are a company director and you need to apply for tenders, it is important that you get good conduct on e-Citizen as it is a prequalification. The certificate of good conduct on e-Citizen helps to validate one’s morals and character. It helps to show that you have no criminal record.
Who can apply for good conduct on e-Citizen?
- Kenyan citizens within and outside the country.
- Foreign citizens
- Aliens and refugees in Kenya
Applying for good conduct on e-Citizen can be done by minors as well. All they need is to go to the nearest police station with their original birth certificate, obtain police clearance and then apply for good conduct on e-Citizen with their parents or guardians’ e-Citizen account.
The following are the requirements to be met by applicants of good conduct on e-Citizen:
- Must have attained the age of 18 years and above.
- An original ID and its photocopy.
- For minors, a copy of their original birth certificate.
- A fee of KSHS 1050.
- Two copies of the invoice were downloaded from the e-Citizen website.
- A printed copy of the C24 was also downloaded from the e-Citizen website
Certificate of good conduct on e-Citizen for foreigners in Kenya
If you are a foreigner, you can apply for good conduct on e-Citizen if you have been a resident for more than six months. You will also need to provide a letter explaining the need for the certificate, from your employer or training institution, your original and a copy of your identification documents, as well as valid work permits. In addition, students must have pupils’ passes accompanied with relevant testimonials proving the completion of their courses and other relevant documents. They will also pay a fee of KSHS 1,000 to obtain good conduct on e-Citizen.
A refugee applying for good conduct on e-Citizen must have their original and copy of UNHCR valid mandate letters. The movement pass from transit centers or refugee camps is also a mandatory requirement. Recommendations from other governments or NGOs are not accepted. Refugees will also pay KSHS 1000 to obtain good conduct on e-Citizen.
Listed below is how to apply for a good conduct on e-Citizen. This is the same procedure used for renewing of an expired certificate of good conduct on e-Citizen. Good conduct has a validity period of one year and is provided by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Kenya. The primary reason for this is to synchronize the Huduma Centre certificate of good conduct with any records entered into the police books within the one-year period.
How to apply for a certificate of good conduct on the e-Citizen portal:
- Log in to the e-Citizen portal if you have an account. If you do not have one just go to the website listed above and create an account. Under 18s should use their parents’ e-Citizen accounts.
- Click on the link – directorate of criminal investigations and select the “get services now”.
- Select the mode of payment you want to use and click on “make the application” and then proceed with the good conduct on the e-Citizen application by clicking on “apply now”.
- Download the certificate of good conduct on e-Citizen and print two copies of the payment invoice and a copy of the C24 form on both sides of the A4 paper. After that book an appointment for taking fingerprints.
- After you are done with the application and download the good conduct on e-Citizen, Proceed to present the documents to the nearest CID offices. You are required to carry the invoice, C24 document, and an original identification document or original birth certificate in the case of a minor. The CID personnel will take you through fingerprint processing at the divisional CID offices or a huduma center near you.
- Once everything has been processed and approved, you will be notified via text or email to download your certificate of good conduct on e-Citizen. Always ensure that you follow all the instructions during the application process. These steps on how to get good conduct on
e-Citizen are user-friendly and easy to follow.
Having followed the above process for a good conduct on e-Citizen, you can always authenticate it. There is always an individual wanting to outsmart others hence double-checking your good conduct from e-Citizen will not hurt. To subscribe to the service, send the word “DCI” to 21546. Then dial *512# on your phone. Follow the prompts for the process. Once you are done, you will receive a text informing you if your good conduct from e-Citizen is valid or not.
Remember to reapply for new good conduct on e-Citizen after 12 months.
Road Map Direction to CID, How to get to CID Headquarters.
If instead of applying for good conduct on e-Citizen, you prefer doing it manually, kindly visit CID headquarter offices along Kiambu road. Just on your way to Karura Forest. Check out Nairobi Matatu routes and stages if you want to use public means from CBD or from any other neighboring towns. If you are using personal means, take Thika road from CBD and branch to the left, and Join Kiambu Road. Drive straight for about 10 minutes (when the traffic jam is free to flow) and the CID headquarters is on the right side of the road.
Bonus clarifications in regards to applying for good conduct on e-Citizen
- E-Citizen facilitates the application process halfway, including filling or printing the C24 form. However, you must visit your nearest Huduma Center, any DCI office in Kenya, or the Kenya Embassy if you are abroad for your fingerprints to be taken.
- After you finish your Good Conduct on e-citizen application process, there is a waiting period of two weeks to one month. You can then collect it at the DCI offices or your nearest Huduma Centre.
- Fraud and forgery cases are increasing each day, and it is essential to authenticate your clearance certificate with the steps listed above.
All the best in your application of a good conduct on e-citizen.